Information on our Generic Medications for Incontinence
As a pharmacy dedicated to the health of patients throughout the U.S., MediSuite continues to grow its list of medications for incontinence. Over half of people age 65 or older have reported at least a mild to moderate case of incontinence, an issue that patients now have more solutions to than ever before.
MediSuite has listened to the demands of our patients since opening in 2013, and now offers the following incontinence drugs as part of a direct-to-home mail delivery service:
Tamsulosin is an alpha-blocker used to treat the symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
We offer 100 capsules for $45
The medication does not shrink the prostate; it relaxes the muscles in the prostate and bladder, which helps patients who are experiencing difficulty urinating due to an enlarged prostate. MediSuite advises patients to speak with their doctor about potential side effects of tamsulosin and whether it may be the right drug for them.
Key facts to know about tamsulosin:
- It is a once-daily drug that should be taken at the same time each morning
- It may take up to 4 weeks to see noticeable results
- It is common for doctors to adjust dosage in patients after a few weeks
Finasteride is a 5a-reductase inhibitor used in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
We offer 90 tablets for $40
Finasteride works by blocking the enzyme that is partly responsible for enlarging the prostate. When taken regularly, it can help those who are having difficulty urinating due to an enlarged prostate. Although it has been prescribed in small doses to treat male pattern baldness, its primary function is as an incontinence medication.
Key facts to know about finasteride:
- Symptoms typically improve within a few weeks, but full benefits may not be seen until after 6 months
- Quitting smoking while taking finasteride may significantly improve the patient’s outcome
- Less than 1 in 10 men who take finasteride experience negative side effects like reduced sexual desire
Dutasteride is a 5a-reductase inhibitor used in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
We offer 90 tablets for $60
Dutasteride works by blocking the enzyme that is partly responsible for enlarging the prostate. By shrinking the prostate, it relieves the pressure on the bladder and urethra, making it easier to urinate. Although dutasteride is highly effective for many, it is not for everyone. Speak to your doctor about whether or not it is right for you.
Key facts to know about dutasteride:
- Symptoms typically improve within weeks, but it may take up to 6 months to experience full benefits
- It is advised to resume normal treatment after missing a dose; do not take two doses at once.
- One capsule should be taken daily at the same time